As the new calendar year unfolds, we would like to take a moment to reflect on the previous 12 months, and focus on the future of accessibility, including InfiniTeach's role in moving it forward.
As a mission-focused organization, our greatest joy and achievement has been the number of conversations we've had with like-minded individuals and organizations. From calls, conferences, and panel discussions to new product launches and partnerships, our team got the business and world thinking and talking about the importance of accessibility and inclusion. We emphasized how to enhance and evolve operations to welcome, engage and empower neurodivergent audiences. For most with a personal connection to someone who has an intellectual or developmental disability, our discussions were based on a mutual understanding of this under-served population and an unwavering intention to create a more accepting world. For others without that personal connection, it was refreshing to hear that there is an inherent desire to do better and a willingness to learn.
Thank you for the opportunity to teach best practices and creatively problem solve with our team. Here are a few of our favorite highlights:
- More than 54,000 downloads of our accessibility technology across all of our national and international partners;
- Presented at multiple conferences hosted by the American Library Association, The International Indoor Adventure Park & Trampoline Conference, the American Academy of Developmental Medicine & Dentistry, Wisconsin Library Association and the American Alliance of Museums;
- Provided thought-leadership through media including Aspire Chicago and the Helen Journal and sat on the panel at the Executives' Club of Chicago DEIA Summit
- New partnerships and programs launched with organizations across health, tourism and fitness industries including Bucks Children's Museum, Bloom Fitness, BridgingApps, Chicago Autism Network and High Five Academy;
- Saw a 50% increase in LinkedIn followers to our InfiniTeach business page!
As we look ahead to 2024, what lies in store for InfiniTeach?
As educators, at the heart of what we do is (Infini)TEACH and we are excited to continue that legacy through a focus on training and consultation. We will continue to offer:
- In-person Trainings: Foundational, scenario-based, and customized to your needs.
- Virtual trainings: On-demand training through a *new* platform featuring updated content (Read New Product Spotlight Below).
- Consultation: Organizational audits, roadmaps, and other tools to assess and enhance services, programming, and communications through an IDD lens.
Thank you to all of our colleagues, partners and fellow advocates for helping us continue to move the boulder of accessibility and inclusion so that all people with autism and other cognitive disabilities can enjoy the places they love, with the people they love.
The InfiniTeach team - Ingrid, Katie, Lally, Aliyah, Marty, Ned, and Chris